2
Feb 11, 2011 Post By: Dave

Washougal

I keep telling myself I will blog when I have time, but there is never time. So - I'll put off something else and blog.

The trip to Japan was sublime. Tracey did a superb job of summarizing our adventure. It was 10 days of adventure and laughter and stimulating conversation. There isn't much more to say. We are really grateful to the family that took such great care of our kids while we were away - we feel really fortunate. Thank you.

While we were away, Discovery Dental underwent the first of a few planned renovations. There are now 5 operatories along the southern wall of the building, bringing the total to 6, and the bathroom was completely redone. They did an amazing job and we are really grateful to be working with a very professional construction company. Dave will have to get pictures on here soon - I can't do the improvement justice. The office will be the title sponsor of the Stride again this year - so mark your calendars (May 21st) and be ready to run. They are going to provide a tent next to our booth for family and friends to hang out. Feel special? Well, you are.

Isaac is getting ready to start track season. His coach is calling every other day checking on his running and his heart rate - he's pretty intense, but Isaac has a lot of respect for him. He and Dave will be going to a Coheed & Cambria concert with Mike & Brooke in May - we'll be down there for an implant course and for my sister's baby shower.

Taylor is simply adorable. He is such an individual. He was asked to the Valentine Dance at his school. He mentioned it to me in passing, as though he were simply telling me what he'd had for lunch that day. When I pressed for details, he simply shrugged and said he told her he wasn't going. So - some girl probably spent days working up the nerve to ask him and went home disappointed, and Taylor can hardly recall the event. Oh - I wish I had known then (as a 7th grader), what I know now about boys - and how little they care about girls at that age.

Parker. This kid cracks me up. He is sweet, but volatile. He's laughing and joking one minute, then slamming doors and crying the next. He remembers nothing he is told, but is willing to do most anything you ask him. And the only time he stops moving is when he's fast asleep. I adore him and his big blue eyes.

Morgan isn't feeling well - I think she has caught the cough that Dave came home with. It doesn't keep her from dancing, though. She frequently requests 'Soulja Boy' and then proceeds to get down (thanks, Aunt Marnie). She's actually quite good. She and Dave play pretty hard - he actually split his work pants the other day while they were rough-housing, much to her delight.

Life is full. We're looking forward to all the races we are doing with family: Mudslinger, Trout Lake, Ragnar, Hood to Coast, Newport, Oyster- to name a few. What an adventurous group. We're excited for the upcoming moves and changes for so many of you.

Adina



  1. Tell Morgan we hope she feels better soon! She will have to share some of her moves with A L Y S S A, she'd love a dancing partner!!

  1. Your description of Parker is priceless!!! He is such a great kid but does have a VERY short memory!!!!

Copyright Reserved The Sundry Seven 2010.
Design by: Bingo | Blogger Templates by Blogger Template Place | supported by One-4-All