I'm blogging! Hey good to hear from you all. Thanks for all the updates. How did we all stay in touch before blogger, facebook, email, cell phones, texting, ichat and dailymile? Maybe that is why between 1992 (when I left home) and around 2005 (when we got back to Japan) I really don't know much about what happened in all of your lives...at least the day to day things. Kind of weird.
So, when Adina and I went to Japan in the end of January the office was renovated, phase I. It took them 9 days to complete. They really did a bang up job. Very happy with the results. I'll include some pictures below. Just a couple more phases to go until I have it to a comfortable place. Patients love it. The team loves it. It is really nice to have your surroundings reflect the quality of work you perform.
I started surgically placing implants earlier this year and have had a very positive response to it. Very successful restorations and fun to do.
Can't wait for Tom and Tracey and family to arrive. It'll be great to have Tom here in the office. We are working hard to update everything to include him in the practice. New signage, ads, letterhead, business cards, etc.. I miss having another colleague to bounce things off of. And, he and I both seem to think/treat along the same lines. Really excited. We're building a great practice.
Don't forget, May 21st, the Washougal Schools Foundation Stride for Education. We are the title sponsor for this race day and will have a special tent set up to greet runners, with a second tent right next to it for family and friends to have a place to sit, eat, socialize, rest, etc.. I hope to see all of you there.
Here are the before pics:

Hallway facing East

Hallway facing East again

Hallway facing west

Old Wallpaper operatory
Some construction pics:

Bathroom 'gutting'

Scaffolding in the operatories

Mel, the superintendent wondering how he's going to accomplish this while I am in Japan
Some 'AFTER' pictures:

New bathroom! Everyones favorite improvement. Unfortunately I had to sacrifice my own private thinking/retreat/refocus area to make the bathroom twice the size to make it better.

New operatories. More open look, more light, better temperature control, CLEANER, more efficient.

Hallway facing east.

Operatories again.

Hallway facing west.
Those pictures are great!! I am jealous Peter gets to come in as a patient Monday...maybe we will be stopping by as well! :)
-Anne